Tuesday 12 April 2011

Auntie Doro's Bunnies

Easter has officially arrived in our little shop.  Bunnies galore and so much gorgeous chocolate.  We've dressed the window with some old bunnies, the male bunnies in their hunting gear and the lady bunnies in their flowery dresses holding their babies.  We've arranged them as if they are having a tea party and one of them is taking a photo with my Dad's old box brownie camera.  These bunnies were made by my Auntie Doro about 40 years ago, she was really my great aunt, lived in Cornwall and had an amazing history of nursing and missionary work that I really only discovered when I was much older and a long time after she passed away.  As a family we always went to Cornwall for our summer holidays so would spend many hours at her house helping her make waffles by the dozen which would then be eaten warm with her homemade lemon cheese (like lemon curd but so much creamier).  She was a kind lady who was so loving to her sister (my grandmother) who was unwell and lived with her, and to her mother (my great grandmother) who also lived with her.  I'd forgotten all about these bunnies that she used to make until my Mum dug them out of a cupboard recently.  They've certainly created a lot of interest in the shop window and after Easter when it's Royal Wedding week we'll just turn their little scene into a wedding party instead, with lots of mini union jack bunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweetie Tables

Sweetie Tables
I'm going to recreate this look in March at A & D's wedding! Gorgeous!

Spring has sprung & it's wedding season.

Spring has sprung & it's wedding season.
These are being used as centrepieces at a wedding reception - had such fun making them!

New Gumball Machine

New Gumball Machine
Our new Gumball Machine - available to hire, filled with jelly beans or gobstoppers for all those great parties & weddings!

It's Complicated

It's Complicated
I love this film and the bakery featured is just to die for. Wish I could make the shop look like this :-)

Hampers

Hampers
What could be better than a box full of sweets !

Popular Posts

Party Bags

Party Bags